A Brief Introduction to China Ceramic Industry Association
Founded in September of 1989, China Ceramic Industry Association (CCIA), registered with the approval of the Ministry of Civil Affairs, P. R. C., is a non-profit trans-regional, trans-departmental, social organization made of both group members of the enterprises, institutions, colleges, universities, local social associations engaged in ceramic production, design, scientific research, education, trade and collection and individual members of professional ceramic artists, scientists and enterpriseurs.
The responsible authority of CCIA is the Supervision and Management Committee of the State-owned Property, the State Council of the People’s Republic of China.
The association has a secretariat, five centers specialized in human resources and training, energy-saving technology, economic and technological information, consulting service and ceramic art and design and nine professional committees or chapters on domestic wares, building and sanitary ceramics, artistic ceramics, technical ceramics, raw materials and auxiliaries, decorative materials, equipment and technological applications, kilns and refractory and sales management. The association also runs a journal, China Ceramic Industry, (distributed at home and abroad) and a newsletter, Ceramic Info. Both of the publications are free to all members.
China Ceramic Industry Association has been making great efforts in drawing up the development programs, industrial regulations and policies; investigations, collecting, sorting out the statistics and data of the ceramic industry; setting the direction of industrial research; educating and training working staff, holding professional exhibitions, providing information and consulting services and promoting the scientific and technological achievements. Meanwhile, the association is obligated to accomplish the state-assigned tasks concerning the management of the ceramic industry.
- Building and Sanitary Ceramics Committee
- Decorative Materials Committee
- Ceramic Equipment and Technological Applications Committee
- Raw Materials and Auxiliaries Committee
- Industrial Ceramics Committee
- Artistic Ceramics Committee
- Domestic Ceramics Chapter
- Sales Management Chapter
- Human Resources and Training Dept.
- Economic and Technological Info Dept.
- Professional Experts Committee
- Energy-saving Technology Center
- Ceramic Art and Design Center
- CCIA Foshan Office
- Engraved Ceramics Art and Culture Society
- Contemporary Ceramic Art Committee
- Zisha Art and Culture Society
- Jun Wares Art and Culture Society
- Cizhou Kiln Art and Culture Society
- Longquan Celadon Art and Culture Society