12th – 16th September 2022
The International Academy of Ceramics (IAC) is celebrating its 70th anniversary and its 50th congress in 2022. It was therefore in its heart, in Geneva, Switzerland, the birthplace and headquarters of the IAC that this jubilee congress took place from 12th to 16th September 2022.
The central theme “Melting Pot: From the alchemist’s crucible to the cultural crucible” was rightly based on the international dimension of Geneva, a city where cultures, habits and politics tend to merge. This theme was also linked to IAC’s official partnership with UNESCO as a non-governmental organization, thus emphasizing the universality of the use of earth in its diversity.
The 5-day programme consisted of academic and professional conferences, debates, and visits to national and international exhibitions.
- The members’ exhibition, hosted in the prestigious Ariana Museum, home of IAC.
- A novel exhibition retracing the IAC archives at the Ariana Museum.
- The exhibition of Swiss ceramicists presented in two museums, in Nyon and Neuchâtel.
- More than 30 exhibitions in national and private museums, art galleries and historical or contemporary institutions.
- An international exhibition in the heart of the UN.
- The UNESCO evening.
The Congress was hosted by swissceramics, the Swiss association of professional ceramicists.